- Q: When will the next chapter be out?
A: When it’s done… If you want a better idea, the current status of a chapter is posted in our IRC channel topic.
Here are the stages we usually go through:
- Cleaning – CF or Scanon takes the scans and makes blacks look black, whites look white, and greys look grey, and redraws graphic under text that will be replaced.
- TLC – ThunderCloud copies the live translation script from the archive to the Google Docs, formats the text for typesetting, ensures translation accuracy, messes with the phrasing, etc.
- Typeset – CleanerFag looks at google docs, uses his judgements on what sounds best if there are multiple suggestions for the same line and whether an sfx is worth typesetting (sfxes that are distracting, significantly covers up art, and/or not meaningful gets skipped), and letters text using pretty fonts. He uploads the proofs onto Dropbox when he’s done.
- Quality Check (initial) – ThunderCloud (usually) looks at the proofs and look for things like, missing sfx’es, typos, awkward phrasing, lining and add comments of things to fix to google docs.
- QC fix – CleanerFag goes through the QC comments, fixes stuff then re-upload onto dropbox.
- Final QC – Any staff available has a chance to go through it again before it gets pushed out.
- Release – CleanerFag (usually) pushes the chapter onto batoto and our website.
We all have jobs / life / other hobbies that might interfere with the release schedule. But unless you’ve read otherwise on this site, we have not abandoned the project and a new chapter will be released, soon™.
- Q: Why are the scans X chapters behind the live TL?
A: The live tl is a quick and dirty job for 4channers with little patience and want to immediately find out what’s going on. We love Boku Girl so we put a lot of time and effort into releasing a final product of a quality that this series deserves.
We understand that the wait is difficult, but we ask for your patience and understanding.