Live translation announcements are now made at the following website:
P.S. We currently do not have high quality raws for chapter 53-61. If anyone wants to hook us up, that’d be superb. Our cleaner does not like the public raws available…
Edit: I think we found some raws. Stay tuned.
UPDATE: Thanks for the comment link. LiveTL will be Thursday June 18th @ 9pm CDT then.
My usual sources for early raws have came up dry thus far this week, so Ch67 is on hold until such time as I can source a JP raw for the chapter. Also, remember that Volume 6 is coming out on June 19th! So let’s continue our support of Plumpness!
Also, my “thanks” to the anon using my rough translations to flood the aggregators with shit releases sourced from JP>CN>Thai raws before finally slapping the English onto them in MS Paint. I now know what the Telephone game looks like with images. Way to insult the author’s hard work as well.
Added by ThunderCloud:
I’d like to ask the person who’s taking our rough translation and slapping them on Chinese/Thai/whatever raws to cease and desist and for users not to upload those chapters to Batoto. Thanks.
Here’s a comparison (spoiler warning) of the raw page to the cluster-fuck for those interested.
Added by ThunderCloud:
Anon: I honestly don’t see why this is such a big problem.
- The quality of the crap release is a massive disservice to author’s excellent work.
- The quality of the crap release decreases the reader’s enjoyment of the manga.
- If someone’s already read the crap release, they are less likely to read our release. Even if they do, they’ll not enjoy it as much.
- Most manga aggregation sites will not update with our release when it’s ready, which leads to less exposure.
- Knowing that less people will care about our release is not exactly encouraging.
- It’s extremely rude to use our rough script without permission to release a competing product.
tl;dr, it triggers me.
Added by ThunderCloud:
Few points I’d like to clarify:
- I don’t think of Boku Girl as “our project, hands off!” If anyone / any group competent enough were to take over, I’d personally be totally cool with that.
- I feel upset when a series I love gets a butchered scanslation. This is not confined just to series I’m working on. For example, I petitioned FwPA to pick up Koe no Katachi because that other release was shit.
- I derive joy from knowing that readers are enjoying a high quality scanslation of an excellent manga. “joy of being able to spread the word of the series”? Are you ****ing serious? Butchering the 47th chapter isn’t going to help spread the word. What Aereus does (doing LiveTL threads and generating interest) is what spreads the words.
- >>If someone’s already read the crap release, they are less likely to read our release. Even if they do, they’ll not enjoy it as much.
>>Most manga aggregation sites will not update with our release when it’s ready, which leads to less exposure.
>>Knowing that less people will care about our release is not exactly encouraging.
>If you guys handled this admirably, you would have just cut your losses, yet you guys are conspicuously stating that you want fans to stroke your dicks egos.
The more people that read the crap release -> The less people will get full enjoyment from reading Boku Girl. That was the main point I was trying to make. Is it surprising that demand drives supply? Do you keep uploading videos onto Youtube with 0 views? Knowing that people enjoy something I put a lot of effort into makes me happy and motivates me. If that makes me egotistic, then sure, call me egotistic.
- If my use of “cease and desist” in the post triggered you, you can just read it as “stop being an asshole” instead.
What mortal dangers await Mizuki in the girls dorm?! Tune in @ Monday (Today) 10pm CDT and find out what shenanigans await!
What emotion is this expression trying to convey?
The usual, tonight Monday June 1st @ 10pm CDT. Equal parts hhnnngh and eye bleach!
LiveTL will “memorialize” Mizuki as the puffiest? @ 9pm CDT Monday May 25th. We’re almost to the new semester and Mizuki’s “surprise” dorm change from Dadzuki!
Would help if I made a post, huh? Have some things to do, so tonight @ 11PM CDT. How will Mizuki handle the pin-chi this time? And the return of the hero we deserve!
Live TL will be tonight Monday April 27th @ 9pm CDT. More daww, etc. My wallet weeps, but I will fill in my new bookcase nicely.
EDIT: Time updated! Back to the usual timeslot Monday April 6th @
9pm CDT. 11pm CDT. I’ll then be gone for the next 2 or 3 LiveTLs as I’ll be in Moonland stuffing a suitcase full of manga and other merch. I spoke with ThunderCloud about doing the LiveTLs in my stead, but he similarly works a lot of nights, so we’ll see. If anyone competent wishes to step forward and volunteer to fill in, stop in on IRC. I’ll inquire during the LiveTL as well. No “From Chinese scans” or “I’ve taken a year of Japanese in high school, I can do it!” stuff please.
I pity the fools who don’t come to the liveTL Wed April 1st @ 9pm CDT. No, really. If you don’t come and miss it, the only thing you will get from me is a snide comment in your general direction. The fight of the century: YumeYume vs. PoseiDad … or is it AlucarDad now?
Sorry for the short notice, but it will be tonight @ 9pm CDT. (AKA a few hours from now) Been out of town and forgot to post.